There is a growing need for experienced and knowledgeable Phlebotomists in the Chicago-Land area. The Phlebotomy field is constantly evolving and the need for multifunctional employees, is very strong. In response to this demand, Stars Academy has designed a training program for those interested in assisting doctors and office managers in a number of ways. The educational goal of Stars Academy is to provide every student with a basic, working knowledge of the opportunities available in the phlebotomy field. To accomplish this, Stars Academy's exceptional staff assists and instructs students to:
1. Understand the requirements necessary for working in the healthcare industry.
2. Acquire the social skills, positive attitude, and interpersonal relations needed to succeed in the phlebotomy field.
3. The importance of continuous training after completion of the phlebotomy course.
4. Take full participation educationally in all curriculum and course offerings.
5. Complete ALL course requirements and fulfill the agreement between the student and Stars Academy to obtain successful placement in the health industry.
Phlebotomy is the art of blood collection/blood drawing or the process of bloodletting, developed as early as 460 B.C. Today the Clinical Laboratory provides physicians with some of medicines most powerful diagnostics tests. The Phlebotomist has been a key player in this process for some time. In addition to blood collection skills, successful specimen collection requires the phlebotomist to demonstrate competence, professionalism, good communication and public relations skills, through knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, and familiarity with clinical laboratory services. An understanding of phlebotomy from an historical perspective helps the phlebotomist appreciate the significance of his or her role in healthcare today!
CALL AND ENROLL TODAY - 1-708-233-0590 CLASS SPACE IS LIMITED!
THE NEXT CLASS WILL BE JUNE 4TH THROUGH JUNE 29TH YOU CAN CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO REGISTER MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 10AM-2PM. PLEASE BRING A STATE I.D. OR DRIVER'S LICENSE. ALONG WITH YOUR $300 DEPOSIT.
OUR NEXT CLASS IS JULY 9TH THROUGH AUGUST 3RD
YOU CAN REGISTER OVER THE PHONE OR MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO COME IN.
CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION 708-233-0590
WHAT YOU NEED TO REGISTER
2. HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED
3. $300 NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
4. UPDATED TETANUS SHOT
Please call and make an appointment